Website Sprung Services
We have an opening for Boiler Operator responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of plant utilities, including high-pressure steam boilers, ammonia refrigeration systems, compressed air, process water, cooling towers, fire protection systems, and safety devices. This is a full time, 12-hour rotating AM/PM schedule, working 2-3 days on, and 2-3 days off. Shift differential for PM shift, $30-$34+/hour depending on experience and qualifications. Job Description:
- Oversee the daily operations, maintenance, and continuous improvement of plant utilities, in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Troubleshoot issues and initiate immediate corrective action.
- Coordinate repairs to building systems and equipment and prepare documentation to log and report necessary information.
- Understand and apply IOM manuals, equipment schematics, shop drawings, etc.
- Collaborate with Production, Engineering, Quality, and EHS to continuously improve the Safety and reliability of the plant utilities.
- Follow all plant food safety policies and procedures.
- Respond to building emergencies and after-hour calls for repairs as needed.
- First-Class Engineer’s License, Grade B (minimum).
- Strong electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic background.
- Basic understanding of commercial plumbing, HVAC, and fire systems.
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities and tasks.
- Experience in a continuous food production facility, experience in industrial machine repair, including preventative and predictive maintenance principles.
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Dependability, attention to detail, analytical thinking, cooperation, social orientation, adaptability/flexibility.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org