Website Sprung Services
- Operate and maintain high-pressure boilers.
- Monitoring and communicating with forklift, planer, and coordinators on drying issues and results.
- Utilize kiln control systems to consistently achieve drying goals and improve results.
- Enter results in various spreadsheets and monitor drying results and trends against goals.
- Troubleshoot kiln and boiler operating problems.
- Comply with best practices as specified in the Improve ® system for achieving kiln excellence.
- Enter all in-process lumber inventory daily and at month end into the kiln report.
- Manually clean grates and cycle and dump ash as necessary.
- Maintain auxiliary backup equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Utilize Maintenance Management System (AX) and write work orders as needed.
- Monitor, record, and respond to boiler operations relative to MPCA operating permits, and operating and maintenance plans for pollution prevention.
- Operate forklift and front-end loader to load kilns, clean ash, and load fuel.
- Maintain good housekeeping habits.
- Monitor fuel storage bin.
- Inspect all fire protection systems; follow procedures as outlined on the Boiler Fire System Checklist.
- Learn proper usage of all chemicals including appropriate PPE requirements and what to do in case of a spill or emergency.
- Learn and have a basic understanding of the fire suppression system.
- Maintain 5S/Total Productive Maintenance standards.
- Assist in planning and executing semi-annual shutdowns.
- Must possess a Minnesota Class 1B boiler operator license or above.
- Ability to work independently and solely make important operating decisions directly affecting product quality and boiler operations.
- Ability to learn and apply lumber drying concepts.
Ability to operate equipment safely including various types of mobile equipment (i.e. forklift, front-end loader).
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems and components.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and control multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule.
- Capable of working in a boiler/sawmill environment with exposure to heat, noise, moving equipment, dust, and various weather conditions (heat, humidity, snow, and extreme cold).
- Capable of climbing stairs and ladders, bending on a regular basis; lifting of up to 60 pounds occasionally.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and very safety conscious.
Position offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life and disability insurance, paid time off, and additional voluntary benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org