Website Sprung Services
Senior-level position responsible for start, stop and monitoring of equipment. Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters. Performs a variety of plant maintenance tasks including diagnosis, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Associates will participate in the plant maintenance program as a system owner and document plant maintenance records in a computer work maintenance system (CWMS). Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. This position allows for earning a MN 2nd Class A Boiler Engineer License after 1 year, 1st Class after 3 years, and a Chief A after 5 years.
- Performs a variety of complex technical services/support duties requiring specialized operational knowledge.
- Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
- Responsible to meet contract sales agreement within safe, reliable, and efficient equipment operational limitations during his/her shift.
- Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities.
- Reviews own work and possibly the work of others; work results are the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
- Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with management occasionally; may serve as a resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
- Works under limited to no supervision.
- Prepares, maintains and provides a variety of reports/documents as required or upon request.
- Ensures strict adherence to all safety and environmental procedures.
- Communicates condition of plant systems, equipment and pertinent information to others.
- Interpret and respond to visual and auditory signals from control panel.
- Perform control room and outside operation of all station equipment and systems during routine, abnormal, and emergency operations.
- Perform start-up, operation, monitoring, shutdown and lock-out of plant auxiliary equipment at the equipment location.
- Operate all plant mobile equipment, forklift, man lift, etc.
- Perform chemical analysis on plant water systems which include demineralized water, cooling water, wastewater and raw water.
Operate and perform routine maintenance water plant systems.
Perform maintenance and upkeep of site buildings and grounds.
- Ensure adequate supply of oil and chemicals are available to support plant operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in work planning with CWMS
- Overtime requirements will be required by plant management, including weekends, nights and holidays.
- Demonstrate knowledge of trips, resets, set points and modes of operation for the combustion turbine, heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) and steam turbine.
- Demonstrate the ability to use plant test equipment to troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate field devices.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform CEMS calibration, basic troubleshooting, and routine maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of water chemistry requirements for reliable HRSG and steam turbine operation.
- Senior level, generally, 10+ years directly related experience including understanding of environmental & safety regulations and previous experience working as a senior level plant operator.
Experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals, and waste materials.
Requires previous experience using testing equipment & calibration appliances.
Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills and possess the ability to learn.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and various other programs.
- Ability to provide work direction and training to small groups of employees in a professional and accurate manner.
- Ability and willingness to read and interpret blueprints, schematic diagrams, procedures and technical manuals.
- Proven ability to work with a system ownership team to develop, plan, and execute a project.
- Valid U.S. Driver license with acceptable MVR history, if applicable.
- High School Diploma, degree from a technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent required.
Required to perform the following within 2 years of assignment:
- a. Perform non-coding welding.
- b. Perform valve and small pump rebuilds.
- c. Perform alignment of pumps, fans and similar equipment.
- d. Wire and unwire motors, valves and other components as needed (primarily < 600 Volts)
- · Required to acquire a 2nd Class A boiler license within 18 months of employment, a 1st Class A license within 3 years of employment and a Chief A Boiler license within 5 years of employment.
- Qualify as a Control Room Operator (CRO)
- Preferred Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college, trade school certification or advanced education in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation or equivalent experience.
Experience in industrial electrical/mechanical/I&C or cert
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com