Website Sprung Services
*$2000 Hiring Bonus
This position involves performing instrument, control, and electrical maintenance functions to ensure safe, environmentally compliant operation of a combined-cycle power plant.
This includes troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing control systems and associated equipment (electronic, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic), and documenting plant maintenance records in a computer-based work management system. These systems include digital control system, control circuits, power circuits, electrical and control devices on plant equipment. documenting plant maintenance records in a computer-based work management system.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing the plant’s electrical, controls and instrumentation systems as assigned including specification and initiation of purchase requisitions on assigned systems/equipment including ability to safely apply lock-out tag- out process on owned equipment/systems or other equipment and/or systems when performing maintenance.
- Responsible for electrical maintenance on equipment greater than 600 volts and a backup responsibility for less than 600 volts.
- Conducting job safety briefings (JSB) at turnover and perform quality JSB’s for each job.
- Shall be capable of verifying absence of voltage on all systems (DC through 125V and AC through 345kV) utilizing appropriate meters or non-contact detectors.
- Wiring and unwiring motors and other components as needed during outage and other maintenance related activities.
- Troubleshooting of various electrical circuits (contactors, motor starters, ability to recognize single phasing on motors, lighting circuits, etc.) and communicate the cause of protective relay trips and repair initiating problems where applicable in accordance with NERC standards.
- Partnering on a System Ownership team with other IC&E Technicians, Operations Technicians, Management and Engineering. This includes support and input into the following: PLC/Ovation/Controls programming and troubleshooting, prioritize / monitor and review system health indicators, optimize system performance, maintenance strategy for each system, budget, spare parts, outage planning, purchase requisitions, training of systems, labeling, system procedure development/improvement, updating system documentation in plant records and in the computer based work management system, present system health presentation to management annually and project management of system improvements as needed.
- Working alongside, assisting, or performing minor oversight of other work groups conducting site maintenance including but not limited to contractors, vendors or similar as needed during major overhauls or large equipment maintenance.
- Operating various mobile equipment including but not limited to forklifts, skid steers, telehandlers and/or similar equipment.
- Performing rigging equipment inspections, rigging of loads associated with maintenance activities including use of plant installed cranes, jibs or similar.
- Actively participate in training and retraining programs as directed by Plant Management.
- Functioning under written operating and maintenance procedures as required by Plant Management.
- Responding promptly to emergency call outs when necessary.
- Must be available for night, overtime, weekend, and holiday work as required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years, or more, electrical maintenance troubleshooting and repair or equivalent required.
- Two years, or more, experience in electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic instrumentation and process controls for power plants required.
- Experience with digital control systems, PLCs, Siemens T3000, CEMS, and Emerson Ovation Control System desired.
- Operations experience desirable.
- 2-Year College/Technical Degree in electronics or instrumentation, plus electrical certification, or company approved equivalent for IC&E level I (e.g. Military, EM/ET training).
- Experience in combined cycle operations experience preferred.
- Experience with industrial troubleshooting and maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of equipment operating limits, parameters, operating procedures and systems. Performs corrective actions if limits are exceeded.
- Working knowledge of simple cycle power plant system, power plant operations, and maintenance, electrical principles, work practices, procedures and materials.
- Ability to interpret control drawings and P&ID’s.
- Ability to make maintenance related decisions with minimum direct supervision.
- Knowledge of instrumentation test equipment, signal generators, relay tests sets, oscilloscopes and computers.
- Knowledge of industry related CEM System hardware, software and reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills and possess the ability to learn.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and various other programs.
*Hiring Bonus paid in 2 $1000 installments after 30 & 60 days.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com