Website Sprung Services
The Boiler Operator is responsible for the operation of the stationary steam boilers and all affiliated steam plant support equipment such as pumps, tanks, valves and traps. The Boiler Operator is also responsible for the operation of the dryer and all dryer systems, the plant water treatment system, and the plant’s cooling tower.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation and monitoring high-pressure boilers and auxiliary plant equipment.
- Observing equipment and logging all required readings.
- Responsible for startup, shutdown, normal operation, emergency operation and cleaning of all equipment and spaces assigned to this position in accordance with applicable SOP’s and other established procedures.
- Maintain plant water chemistry.
- Monitor all equipment: RO system, iron filters, water softener systems, water polisher, dryer and cooling towers.
- Water chemistry control will include, but is not limited to: Sampling all water for testing (including the boilers, ROs, softener, towers) performing and interpreting water test results, recording and entering all data, adjusting chemical feed pumps, filling chemical feed tanks, as well as performing chemical cleaning of the system (CIP).
- Operation of the steam plant: Steam plant operation will consist of maintaining and operating the plants boilers and associated equipment in accordance with all National, State, and local codes and regulations. Additionally, the ability to perform steam plant startups and shutdowns, boiler inspection preparations as well as minor repairs to be expected.
- Operations of plant cooling system: The Boiler Operator will ensure that the cooling tower chemistry and levels are controlled within the prescribed ranges, as well as monitor the cooling towers for unusual conditions. Chemical feed pumps and storage tank levels are required to be adjusted, monitored, and maintained. The Operator will also start, stop, and monitor the plant chiller as requested/required by production.
- Dryer system operation: The Boiler Operator is responsible for all dryer activities, including the startup, operation, emergency operation, and shutdown of the dryer and all associated auger, drags, mixers, cyclone separator, baghouses, and hammer mills/grinders. The Boiler Operator is expected to be able to make independent decisions about the required course of action based on SOP’s, plant requirements, plant operational knowledge, and other guidelines to maintain the desired product and production quotas as well as to perform and record all testing of the material inputs and product produced by the dryer.
- RTO operations: The Boiler Operator is expected to operate and monitor the RTO system in accordance with established instructions and procedures
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Communicate directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in utility areas.
- Assist maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- State of Minnesota First Class B Boiler License is required.
- Ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Associate degree or technical degree/certification preferred
- Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org