We are seeking a MN 1st Class B Licensed Boiler Operator with excellent maintenance skills for a current Full-Time permanent employment opportunity with a company recognized as a Top Workplace in Minnesota by the Minneapolis Star Tribune in 2013 & 2015. This position involves operating and maintaining high-pressure steam boilers, performing repairs and preventive maintenance on packaging and food plant equipment.
- Operates and maintains high pressure boilers, ammonia refrigeration equipment and facility equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on packaging and process equipment.
- Practices appropriate safety procedures, GMP, and repair methods.
- Performs mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of plant equipment.
- Independently performs assigned preventative maintenance and plant equipment repairs.
- Provides documentation of work performed on daily Individual Shift Report.
- Assists in maintaining inventories of parts and supplies by appropriately signing out parts from storeroom and reporting low supply levels to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Valid MN 1st Class B Boiler Operator's license.
- Minimum 3 years related maintenance experience or 2 years maintenance experience with additional technical training specifically applicable to equipment and plant maintenance.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient skill and knowledge of single phase electrical systems and motors.
- Ability to apply electrical skills to electrical control circuits and troubleshoot electrical controls from basic electrical schematics.
- Ability to safely use electrical test instruments such as continuity tester, ampere meter, voltage tester.
- Mechanical skills and ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs and machine adjustments.
- Ability to locate, read, comprehend and apply information from equipment manuals.
- Must be able to climb, crouch, stand and walk continuously.
- Handle all equipment and chemicals safely at all times.
- 2 years of experience in maintenance and repair of ammonia refrigeration equipment preferred.
Job Details: Full-Time, Permanent, 12 hour shifts, Rotating Days (not hours), 6p to 6a, Excellent Benefits, wages: $27.00 to $29.00DOQ