New graduates from Robotics and Automation equipment programs encouraged to apply! Generous Hiring Bonus!
The Maintenance Technician performs preventive maintenance procedures on food plant equipment ensuring equipment efficiency and reliability; food and associate safety, product quality, and do so in compliance with our environmental and social responsibilities. They demonstrate maintenance skills to ensure effective equipment operation.
This position offers full benefits, competitive wages and a $3000 hiring bonus:
This is a 24/7 operating facility. Shift flexibility is required.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility and food processing equipment including: Conveyors, PLCs & PLC Controlled Equipment, HVAC, Ovens and Packaging Equipment.
- Performing preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance on facility and production equipment.
- Completing technical work assignments.
- Providing effective direct and maintenance support by working cooperatively with production and sanitation associates.
- Promoting a strong teamwork environment.
- Adhering to company safety protocols and defined safety regulations and procedures (LOTO, Confined Spaces, Hazardous Material Handling procedures, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Skills & Educational Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair 3-phase electrical equipment, PLC’s and PLC controlled equipment.
- Ability to identify various parts and read mechanical and electrical drawings, instructions, gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Strong maintenance skill sets to include welding, equipment set-up and changeover, reading of blueprints and schematics, etc.
- Basic Mathematic ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of safety protocols.
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- 1st Class C Minnesota Boiler License preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work on their own.
- High-school diploma/GED/ or equivalence
- Technical certifications and/or degrees in related areas preferred.