Summary: The primary job requirements are to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, piping, boilers, motors, drives, and electrical systems.
Position offers competive wages and outstanding benefits. This is a 6pm to 6am shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures that work assignments are carried out in accordance with all safety programs, procedures and policies and are completed safely and accurately.
- Assures that work assignments are carried out in accordance with all quality programs, procedures and policies and are completed in a manner where quality and food safety are not compromised.
- Understands and complies with all company, city, state, and federal requirements to safely maintain facility grounds.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment in the facility to ensure proper function and promote efficiency to ensure breakdowns due to mechanical failures are minimized.
- Ensures that equipment repairs remain functional and are not a contributor to continued downtime.
- Monitors the high-pressure boiler for safe and efficient operation of manufacturing process.
- Rebuilds and maintains a wide range of equipment including, but not limited to motors, pumps, agitators, piping, valves, and process equipment.
- Evaluates needed repairs and compares costs with potential outside services to determine most cost-effective method of repair.
- Reads schematics and diagrams to accurately troubleshoot electrical, wiring, hydraulic, pneumatic, and piping systems
- Documents activities in an organized and accurate manner for effective communication with teammates and other employee owners. (Including Work Orders, PM records, Order Requisitions, Inventory Lists, Parts Requisitions, etc.)
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of facility.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as, grinder and drill to repair or fabricate machine parts and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates welding equipment to join metal parts, mild and stainless steel.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus such as electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work environment to comply with all GMP and housekeeping policies
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Other duties as requested, assigned, or required.
Education / Requirements:
- Hold a Minnesota 2nd Class "B" Boiler Operator's License.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; Associates Degree in applicable field a plus.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.