Summary: Under direct supervision and with guidance, operates and maintains high pressure steam heating and electric generating equipment at a refuse-fired cogeneration facility on an assigned shift.
- Operate a refuse feed crane and maintains proper refuse storage pit conditions.
- Operate auxiliary equipment including pumps, heat exchangers, ash conveyors and condensers.
- Assist in maintaining the operating log of all power plant parameters on the shift.
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of stokers, fans, hydraulic systems, ash control systems, and pollution control systems associated with a refuse or conventionally fired boiler.
- Assist in the operation of makeup water purification equipment.
- Assist in the completion of necessary reports and records related to the monitoring and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor and control refuse tipping floor operations.
- Assists in the operation of high voltage electric generation and distribution equipment.
- Conducts preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous housekeeping in and around the work area.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Professional Growth Opportunity! This position provides a clear career path, provided the applicant meets contractual certifications, licensing and time served, the applicant may be eligible to be promoted to the following:
- OP2/MM2 - Wage range is $21.52 - $33.65/hour
- OP3/MM3 - Wage range is $23.25 - $36.35/hour
Note: Individuals offered a position are required to complete drug testing.