Summary Coordinate the process operation of the cooling tower and boiler room equipment with plant personnel to efficiently meet the needs of production.
· Maintain operation of all equipment located in the boiler house; boilers, DA filters, plant water pre-treatment and post treatment, reverse osmosis system, water softener, pumps, and related equipment.
· Maintain operation of the cooling towers/pump houses, and related equipment.
· Understand the plant’s steam distribution and condensate returning system to enable you to troubleshoot problems in the system.
· Test and maintain proper water chemistry throughout the affected areas.
· Maintain logs and perform and record the safety checks required for safe and efficient operation.
· Track chemical usage and inventories. Maintain inventories of plant expendables and frequently used items and under given purchasing authority, make purchases in a cost-effective manner.
· Provide training on cooling towers, boilers, and related equipment to employees to maximize growth potential and knowledge.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with vendors.
· Communicate with colleagues any problems which may arise and work together on problem solving.
· Maintain housekeeping in areas in and around the boiler houses, pump houses, and sanitary/storm ditches.
· Must hold a current 1st Class B Boiler Operator's License from the State of Minnesota.
· Water chemistry knowledge.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must possess the ability to communicate both verbally and written.
· Must possess the ability to train fellow employees and management staff.