· Perform facilities and ground maintenance duties, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and special projects involving refrigeration, heating system, electrical and general repairs.
· Partner with management on coordination and guidance to a wide variety of new construction and major maintenance projects.
· Handle emergencies on a 24-hour basis at assigned complex as required without further direction. Must be available to respond to calls as schedule requires.
· Consult with supervisor in planning specific job needs and arrange for necessary materials and supplies as needed. Work directly with vendors to purchase necessary supplies.
· Assist in the training of maintenance and boiler operator staff.
· Provide work direction for all assigned personnel.
· Operate and maintain boilers complying with all safety and MN regulations.
· Preparing boiler for annual inspections.
· Assist in other areas as needed.
· HS Diploma or GED.
· Valid MN Chief C Engineering License.
· Valid and clean Class D license is required.
· 3 years’ experience operating and maintaining Boilers.
· 5 years’ experience with facility maintenance.
· Must be able to operate motorized equipment according to the set standards.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Ability to move and/or lift 50lbs. on a regular basis and up to100lbs. on occasion.
· Must be able to work in elevated areas and low areas.
· Must be available for all boiler operator shifts, including a rotating weekend shift if no regular boiler shift workers are available.
· Able to pass Mechanical Aptitude and Boiler exams.