Summary: The Instrument & Control Supervisor under general supervision is responsible for the supervision of the Instrument and Control Technicians, performance of corrective and preventative maintenance, repair and calibration of all Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems and power plant instruments and controls.
Associate Degree from an accredited college in electrical repair and maintenance or closely related field and four (4) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of instruments and control systems in a related facility as listed in the work functions with three (3) of those years working in the operation and maintenance of high pressure steam and electrical power generation systems or related experience.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in a similar position as listed in the work functions.
Required Special Qualifications
Minnesota Provisional Waste Combustor Certification within six (6) months of employment, per MN Statute 7011.1280 Subpart 3.B:
B. A Certified operator of a Class I, II, III, A, C, or D waste combustor shall comply with the requirements in subitem (1) or (2)
(1) Persons who possess a Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry boiler license of at least a 2nd Class B licensed Boiler Operator, shall:
(a) Have one year of experience operating a steam generation plant or Class I, II, III, A, C, or D waste combustor at the licensure level of at least a 2nd Class B Boiler Operator license, and complete at least 24 hours of training approved by the commissioner which are designed to ensure competency to operate a Class I, II, III, A, C, or D waste combustor;
(2) Person who do not meet the qualifications of subitem (1), unit (a), shall:
(a) have three years of experience operating a Class I, II, III, A, C, or D waste combustor or in power generation and complete at least 24 hours of training approved by the commissioner which are designed to ensure competency to operate a Class I, II, III, A, C, or D waste combustor.
- Extensive background in electronics maintenance.
- Possession of a valid Minnesota Power Limited Technician License.
- Possession of a valid Minnesota Electrician's license.
- Background in resource recovery.
- Background in Continuous Emission Monitoring System maintenance.
- Possession of a valid Minnesota Class A Stationary Engineer's License.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.